A crown (cap) is a type of dental restoration that fully covers the portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Why do I need a crown?
• Protect a tooth that has extensive damage due to decay.
• Improve your smile by covering a misshapen or severely discolored tooth
• Support and protect teeth with fractures
• Protect and support a tooth after a very large filling or root canal treatment
• Hold a dental bridge or other prosthetic device like denture in place
• Cover a dental implant
At Fine Touch Dental, we offer permanent, natural looking crowns that are made of the highest quality materials. There are various types of crowns, ranging from full porcelain/ Zirconia to full metal crowns. Dr.Mahtesyan will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each kind for you.